After NYC Terror Attack, Trump Says ISIS Fighters Should Not Be Allowed Back In Our Country

US

Photo of Jonah Bennett

7:11 PM 10/31/2017

President Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday evening that the United States must not allow Islamic State fighters to return or enter America, following the terror attack in Manhattan.

“We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere,” Trump tweeted. “Enough!”

Earlier in the evening, Trump referred to the attacker, now identified as 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov from Uzbekistan, as a “very sick and deranged person,” and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has already labeled it a “cowardly act of terror.”

“This was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at people going about their lives who had no idea what was about to hit them,” de Blasio said.

The Tuesday attack in Manhattan resulted in the deaths of at least eight people. Saipov used a rented truck to plow pedestrians down on a bicycle path alongside the Hudson River. After he mowed down pedestrians, Saipov jumped out of the car and screamed “Allahu Akbar.” He was brandishing what appeared to be firearms, but which turned out to be a paintball gun and a pellet gun. Police then shot him in the abdomen and took him into custody. Saipov is currently being treated at a local hospital for injuries and is expected to survive.

Police are not currently looking for any other suspects in the attack.

The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force is at the head of the investigation.

Follow Jonah Bennett on Twitter

Send tips to [email protected].

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].


Source link

from CapitalistHQ.com http://ift.tt/2zWzVIr

This entry was posted in news and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.